The kids and I found these cute little plant growing kits in the dollar bins at Target. I don't typically have great success with growing plants, but seeing how these were only a buck (and I can always blame any growing disaster on the fact that they are, in part, being grown by children), I decided to give them a go!
The "kit" came with a pot, seeds, and a pellet of packed, dried soil. It was really fun to add water to the pellet and watch it turn into about a cup of soil. We sat out on the back porch and potted these plants in true Kansan style, with funnel clouds forming over our heads and tornado sirens blaring in the distance!
After they were all planted and clearly marked, we began the waiting game... Or should I say, we began the neverending dialogue of "Mom, I want to see if my plant has grown" and "Caedmon, your plant has not grown yet, this takes a lot of time". I guess it's an exercise in patience, for both of us!
A couple of days later, Addi's plant started to sprout!
The next day, Caedmon's plant sprouted as well (thank you Jesus! I didn't know how many more times I could repeat the words "takes time" to that child!).
Okay, hopefully he either won't think to take another look until some sprouts have come back, or that little plant works overtime tonight!
I didn't know how to break it to Caedmon today that the wind knocked his plant down from the windowsill and the entire contents of the pot ended up in the garbage disposal! I quickly repotted his plant with soil from a pot outside and leftover seeds. Hmm, do you think he'll notice?
I guess the good news so far is, if these plants can survive serious Kansas weather and garbage disposal disasters, then they should survive me. Right?
I'll keep you posted on Caedmon's Marigold comeback (I'm speaking in faith here) and the rest of our plant growing adventures!
Those look like a lot of fun. I wish I could find something like that here. Sam keeps asking me to let her plant some flowers. I am just not with it this year. I did not even ask for flowers this year for my birthday like I usual do.
ReplyDeleteI'm having Holy Spirit Supernatural Faith that your flowers are going to sprout and be glorious because of there trials and tribulations Caders. Seems like there might be a small lesson in this mom.
ReplyDelete