Monday, May 11, 2009

we're back!

I know it's been a long time since the last post, but we've been just a little busy! In the last few weeks we've: moved, the kids and I made a trip back to the PAC NW, I turned 28, we've had two rounds of cold/flu, and I started a new job! Needless to say, it's been a very crazy time!
But I've been wanting to share some pictures of our recent trip:

Caedmon got to sit in the cockpit and both the kids got stickers and wings, as it was both of their first flights ever!
The kids LOVED flying! Caedmon would listen for the captain to say "stewardesses, prepare for takeoff", and then yell "Mom, he said prepare for takeoff!!" so loud that everyone near us would laugh : )

Addi sat on my lap 3 out of our 4 flights, and she was a little angel baby.
Can you see how much they enjoyed themselves?
We are a LOT! This is Caedmon trying Vietnamese cuisine near my brother's apartment in the Asian district of downtown Seattle.
Caedmon and his Grandma Linda checking out the boats in the Puget Sound.
This is the view they were seeing.
I had to get this picture because the last time the kids and I were at Pike Place Market we had a picture here at Ivar's - I'll have to go back and find it to see how much the kids have grown!
Caedmon's joy was complete when his Carter cousins arrived!
Caeders and Kamiakin bonded over Uncle Joel's gamecube.
And Addi enjoyed getting to know all of her family again - here she is with cousin Jame : )
The girls!
All the kiddos and Largie (this is after we picked up Largent from the airport - he had been in Uganda for 6 months!).
Back at Pike Place Market again - Caedmon had to have a ride on Rachel, the official mascot (and piggy bank) of Pike Place Market.
Checking out the flying fish!
He wasn't too sure about posing next to this nasty thing, and then it started moving!!!
Largent giving Caeders a ride through the market.
We drove to Yakima and stayed a couple days at the Carter residence. This was the highlight of Caedmon's entire trip - getting to ride KJ's motorcycle!
This is (one of) the highlights of my trip! I found this bookstore downtown on 1st and Main - it's my favorite bookstore ever!!! I went back at least 3 times!! I read the entire Twilight series on my trip (thanks Mom and Tiagh for all the quality reading time - I never would have got that at home ; )

This is the goodbye committee of everyone that came to see us off. It was very hard to say goodbye, but we're looking forward to going back this summer (only this time, we get to bring Daddy : )
The kids throwing down some pizza while our flight boarded at the Denver airport - it was a little stressful traveling with the two kiddos by myself, but I think we're pro's now!
Addi got her own seat on the last flight home!
And Caedmon was already asking when we were going to go back to Kamiakin's house.

Goodbye salty air, goodbye mountains, goodbye beautiful NW! See you in a few months!

4 comments:

  1. Randi,
    It looks like you had a fabulous time. Largent said the goodbye was very hard. Oh, I cannot wait to see you all this summer. I want Addi to get to know Auntie Jess again too. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. This year for Christmas I want a CD or DVD with a picture slide show to just see how your family has grown and changed and all the fun things you have done. WE LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flying with 2 kids by yourself? You're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We cant wait for you guys to come back.. I loved having you here, and I still need to get all the pictures sent to you. I havent even loaded the ones of Caedmon on the motorcycle yet. We have been having some computer and internet issues. but I think he finially got it all worked out..
    Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave to travel with kids!!!! My hero! Looks like they did great. Steve and I love Seattle.

    ReplyDelete