Sunday, March 28, 2010

Caedmon's 5th Birthday!

Yesterday our Caedmon Joshua turned 5 years old! I'm going to skip right over how emotional this one was for me, and move right onto the fun we had : )
Addi woke me up first, so she and I snuck out to the kitchen to start making Caedmon's requested breakfast: ooey gooey breakfast rolls (which I love making because they rise in the oven all night, and then in the morning you just turn it on and cook up the sugary goodness!), bacon and "flat" eggs (AKA fried eggs : ). Caedmon came stumbling out to the kitchen about 20 minutes later, and after I wished him a happy birthday with a big hug, his first words were "can I open my presents now?". He ran and woke up his dad, and his fun began.
He opened all of his presents from us and also a gift sent by his grandparents in Kenya.
After opening gifts and eating breakfast it was straight outside to try out the new rollerblades. They were a little more difficult than he expected : )
We spent the rest of the morning playing with toys and just taking it easy. Caedmon requested pizza for lunch, so we baked one up and then rested a bit before we headed to the Y for his Batman party.
The guests included a few of his buddies from preschool, our friends the Wallaces who we met during soccer last fall, a friend from church, a friend from kidzone, and our friends/Kansas family the Ducroq's all came to help us celebrate.
Caedmon had so much fun with everyone who gathered to celebrate his special day!
This is Ivy and Addi, making up the little sisters section at the party table : )
Caedmon loved opening all of his gifts!


After eating cake and opening presents, we headed out to climb the rock wall. First the kids got a little rundown of the rules.
Then Caedmon and the crew were ready to climb!
...and then Caedmon looked up and had second thoughts for a split second....
But a little encouragement from his buddy Zain was all it took
and up he went!
GO Caedmon GO!
And of course, Dad had to get in on the action too : )
After climbing we headed over to the pool for about an hour. Jake and I and a few other parents got in and had fun splashing with the kids. I even got to sneak away with a friend for about 15 mintues to enjoy one of the saunas! It was a great time for all of us : )
On the way home we stopped for happy meals and subway, came home to skype with our family in Washington, and then it was showers and an early bedtime after such a long, fun-filled day!
We kissed the birthday boy goodnight and shut the door, but then realized we didn't have a picture of our family taken like we had planned to do (we always seem to forget that part!). So we decided to settle for each of us getting a picture with the birthday boy before he fell asleep.

Happy Birthday Caedmon boy!

2 comments:

  1. Randi Shae,
    Thank you so much for sharing. I love the pictures and the video. It looks like you all had a tremendous day. It was so fun to talk with him. I am glad we caught you all before the fun began.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a jam-packed day...totally special. I know what you mean about the five years old bringing emotions...it is such a changing time. And I can hardly believe it was five Easters ago when I held that baby boy in my arms in good ol' L-town :) Miss you all! Love, Mindy

    ReplyDelete