Wednesday, January 14, 2009

so call me old-fashioned

something i've discovered about myself as i've "progressed in years", is that i'm actually quite old fashioned. i like things like old family names, family traditions, family heirlooms, i like to bake, knit and crochet, someday i want to learn how to can and sew and have a garden... anyway, i told my sister how much i've been wanting an apron (i know, kind of weird and old-fashioned, but like i said...). i was hoping she would just throw something simple together for me sometime in the next year or so. what do you know but approximately one week later i received THIS in the mail!!!

can you tell by my face? i LOVE it!!!
it's so cute, it has a great shape and length, it has adjustable straps that are really long so i can wrap them around and tie it in front (making it easier to get on and off, plus has that added bonus of making me feel like one of those skinny little baristas at Starbucks - what a good sister ; ), but the very best part of all is....
mmm-hmm, that's right!
it's reversible, and the other side is Wizard of Oz baby!
what can i say? i'm loved : )
THANKS TIAGH, I LOVE YOU!

7 comments:

  1. It looks soo good on you... Im so happy you like it. It really was my pleasure to make. I was pretty excited about the wizard of oz material too. pretty cute stuff, and it goes along with the whole old fashioned theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting old fashioned too. You should try canning, it's super easy. Drying fruits too. Even without a garden, that way when you find produce on sale at the store you can preserve it.
    And I LOVE aprons! I have a list of things to sew, and on that is some cute retro aprons. I think I own about 10 different apron patterns too, so that should be easy. I especially like it when the apron makes you look skinnier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randi, you look so cute. I miss you. It would be so much fun to do old fashioned things together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see it more as being self-reliant than being old fashion. I do the sewing, cooking, baking, canning, crafting, etc. not because I have to but because I know that I can do it cheaper than having people do it for me and so that I pass those skills on to my children. Plus, I enjoy the challenge of learning new skills. Nothing can compare to the feeling you have when you made something from scratch!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cute Randi!!!

    You look adorable! You are very lucky to have such a great relationship with your sister....what a thoughtful thing for her to surprise you with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice apron...says the County Extension Agent's wife. I've done minimal canning - as in spent HOURS in the kitchen just trying to make cherry jelly. In fact, I nearly cried the whole following year every time I opened a jar with the memory of all the hard work. Oh well, at least I can still do the fresh produce :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an apron too! It is a Pike's place brewery apron, and I wear it all the time. You know what would be cool, a Wizard of Oz apron that reversed to Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon on the other side! Seriously though, nicely done Tiagh!

    ReplyDelete