The visit started off with the best surprise I think I've ever had when I finally got to go the airport late on Valentine's Day to pick up my mom, and to my complete astonishment I saw someone looking a lot like my sister walking down the hall! I was pretty much stupified for a few seconds, but finally it clicked and I realized Tiagh had come along for the visit as well! I grabbed her and cried, and then laughed some, and then cried some more : )
The week was a whirlwind of shopping, eating, sight-seeing, and more eating : ) We made the most out of our time, burning the candle at both ends. We visited lots of shops (including one I took Tiagh to called The Plaid Giraffe - we knew the moment we were offered refreshments that we were out of our league, but it was fun to browse anyway : ), the mall, movie theatres, Exploration Place, Old Town, and an amish community in Yoder. Jake and I even got to go out on a date Friday before my mom left, and as it was only our 2nd date in the 8 months we've lived here, it was definitely time and VERY nice - we went to Redrock Canyon Grill, to see Australia, and capped off the night with Krispy Kreme doughnuts and coffee : ) This boy knows the way to my heart!
Here are some shots of our week with Grandma and Aunty Tiagh:
that trip went too fast and ended too abruptly, but even if I would have know that befor hand I still would have done it.. again and again..
ReplyDeleteI love and miss you so much. I still have these daydreams that we take our kids places togather, or sit on one of our porches and watch them play some silly game, or we sit and sew toghter, or that we all go serve meals together or something like that, and even though I know there not true daydreams I still have hope that maybe those daydreams are true for when we have grandkids!!
I was in on the whole thing too! Did Tiagh tell you we got them a room at Hotel 1000 on the night before she left? Did Jake tell you that I gave away the surprise to him? I wish I could have come!
ReplyDeleteyeah, i found out after the fact that you and caleb knew all along! and jake too, after you told him! i'm quite impressed at your secret keeping abilities - i talked to both of you and neither of you gave it away. and i like to think i'm pretty astute at picking up the unsaid kind of things. maybe it just never even crossed my mind that could be going on because it is such a huge thing, you know? anyway, it was such an awesome surprise. it would have made it even better if you had been able to come too, joel, and largie, and well everyone! but i was so thankful that mom and ti were able to visit - even if it did go too fast. thank you mom and ti, for spending your money and time to come spend the week with us. i will never ever forget it : )
ReplyDelete